Also, during Lent I will participate at Washu's Relay for Life with St. Louis Young Alumni. My Reason to Relay is to join people around the world in celebrating those who have survived cancer, remembering the people we've lost, and supporting the lifesaving mission of the American Cancer Society.
I am making the commitment to participate in this relay in memory of both my grandmothers: Isabel (Añy) Gonzalez and Meriold (Mamama) Argueso.
Please make a donation to me by clicking here or visit my relay website to find out other ways to get involved. Every penny counts. You are helping deliver the hope that future generations will not have to endure cancer threatening the lives of their friends and family. Your donation does not only have the power to fight back against cancer, but the breakthroughs and technologies that will be developed have the potential of facilitating the understanding of other diseases like Alzheimer's and diabetes.
My brother and I with Mamama at my WU graduation in May 2006. Later that year Mamama was diagnosed with cancer and died on December 11. I blogged some of my thoughts during her illness: Goodbye, Dreams, Adios.

No comments:
Post a Comment