

So, I went to the MO Humane Society on Wednesday, Apr 8 to pick up an application. They were about to close, but when I walked in and saw this beautiful black tabby kitten I couldn't resist. I played with him for a while and decided to come the next morning to adopt. So, I'm officially the mother of a 2 month and 6 day old kitten named Coquí Molina. After much deliberation (thanks everyone for their suggestions) the name came about during dinner tonight when Julia suggested 'coquí'. Molina was Ryan's idea.
Coquí (pronounced Koki) is the common name for several species of small frogs endemic to the archipelago of Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, onomatopoeically named for the loud sound (sometimes reaching as high as 100 dB) the males make at night. There are 17 described species of coquís in Puerto Rico. The last one was discovered in 2005 and was named Coquí Llanero.
Molina is for Yadier Molina, the catcher for the St. Louis Cardinal's who is from Bayamón, PR - the same city I'm from. Ryan and I met him during the Winter League games in PR last December.
I chose the name because I wanted the kitten's name to remind me of home and some of the amazing experiences I've had in St. Louis this past year.
Anyway, I'm excited and I wanted to share!
Molina is for Yadier Molina, the catcher for the St. Louis Cardinal's who is from Bayamón, PR - the same city I'm from. Ryan and I met him during the Winter League games in PR last December.
I chose the name because I wanted the kitten's name to remind me of home and some of the amazing experiences I've had in St. Louis this past year.
Anyway, I'm excited and I wanted to share!



No comments:
Post a Comment